Author Topic: Preparing for 2.0 Release Candidate 1  (Read 35737 times)

Michael

• Askozia Staff
    • View Profile
Preparing for 2.0 Release Candidate 1
« on: January 29, 2010, 10:06:01 AM »
Hi everyone,

One of the last new 2.0 features was added yesterday which means we're getting very close to a 2.0 RC1. In order to keep everyone informed as to how this process is coming along and what you may be able to help with, I'm starting this thread.

I have a few contracts to finish up and get into 2.0 as well as re-implementing some 1.0 functionality which was ripped out for its ugliness (2.0 should be pretty inside and out!). Once that functionality is implemented, a release candidate will be prepared and published.

During this last bit of development, if people could test a few key things for me, I would GREATLY appreciate it. I cannot get to everything and do not even have access to the appropriate equipment for some items.

Also, the internationalization of AskoziaPBX was put on hold from 1.0 to 2.0. It's hard to keep up with a moving target so I stopped accepting submissions until things had stabilized. That time has come. Anyone who can help localize the GUI, your skills are needed now. This is something I have no way of doing so I'm really depending on you for this.

I've summarized the tasks at hand below. Thanks to everyone who has helped support 1.0, the move to 2.0 and for testing the 2.0 snapshots. It feels good to finally be able to come out of the porting cave and start communicating again. Just yesterday the forums set a record for concurrent visitors! I'm really looking forward to a stable 2.0.

Thanks again, everyone!

To Be Implemented:  (updated for 2.0.rc3)
 - (paid) COMpact 3000 ISDN & Analog port driver integration [done]
 - (paid) Redfone support [done]
 - reintegration of manual attributes fields in accounts [done]
 - basic external storage support in integrator panel [done]
 - 'Next Provider' failover mechanism [done]
 - port groups for Provider facing ports [done]
 - phone and provider status indicators (white, yellow, green, red dots) [done]
 - redesigned phone and provider account overview pages (sort by extension, drop-down new account menu)

To Be Tested:
 - Skinny phone support (Integrator Panel -> Beta Features)
 - SNOM auto-provisioning (only tested with 360's)
 - ISDN providers
   + multiple active b-channels [done]
   + incoming routing [done]
   + outgoing caller-id

- what's missing?
 - what's confusing?
 - what's broken?

Internationalization:
 - all of the locales need updating
 - top two user languages are Italian & German so those take priority
 - would love to have well-polished localizations for Italian, German, French and Spanish in 2.0 final

(I'll keep this list updated as things are taken care of)
« Last Edit: April 09, 2010, 10:23:01 AM by Michael Iedema »

giovanni.v

• View Profile
    • BoneOS SDK &  TeeBX VoIP communication platform
Re: Preparing for 2.0 Release Candidate 1
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 02:08:18 PM »
Also, the internationalization of AskoziaPBX was put on hold from 1.0 to 2.0. It's hard to keep up with a moving target so I stopped accepting submissions until things had stabilized. That time has come.

I'm following the base svn updates to get the italian translation up to date but freezed a while during the last month to avoid the moving target devil  ;).
Now i can resume on this to have it complete in a few days.

To Be Implemented:
 - redesigned phone and provider account overview pages (sort by extension, drop-down new account menu)
 - phone and provider status indicators (white, yellow, green, red dots)
 - reintegration of manual attributes fields in accounts
 - basic external storage support in integrator panel (format, mount-on-boot, assign asterisk directories for prompts/music-on-hold)

The first two can be moved to the last steps, as the latest 2 are more important things I think.

- what's missing?

- Trunk groups & dial fallback from a busy trunk/group is the most important missing feature.

As said privately in the past i have a working COS implementation but stopped the work on the gui part because of the many changes in the recent sources. Say me if you like to include it in the upcoming development branch.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 02:10:19 PM by giovanni.v »

Michael

• Askozia Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2010, 11:04:50 AM »
I'm following the base svn updates to get the italian translation up to date but freezed a while during the last month to avoid the moving target devil  ;).
Now i can resume on this to have it complete in a few days.

Fantastic! I know trying to keep up over the last few weeks would've been impossible.

The first two can be moved to the last steps, as the latest 2 are more important things I think.

Good point. I can do the redesign during the RC process...but getting those features back in for RC1 is more important.

- Trunk groups & dial fallback from a busy trunk/group is the most important missing feature.

I will add "port groups" to the "telephony ports" pages so groups can be created from external facing ports.

For failover providers I'm still wondering what the best approach is. Perhaps just a drop-down on each provider account where the user can select the 'next provider' in case unreachable? With optional 'transformation pattern' or so to account for differences in dialing patterns? That seems simple and straight-forward.

As said privately in the past i have a working COS implementation but stopped the work on the gui part because of the many changes in the recent sources. Say me if you like to include it in the upcoming development branch.

I'm definitely interested. How do you see it integrating? Is it in another page, perhaps under services or is it a new option for each provider? I'd actually prefer it be a separate page so that each provider is not too crowded with options.

The feature list for 2.0 will need to be finalized next week so that feature creep doesn't keep pushing back RC1 but, I'd like to make sure the big ones are in!
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 11:07:15 AM by Michael Iedema »

Michael

• Askozia Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2010, 12:19:33 PM »
updated list for r1351

giovanni.v

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2010, 08:50:18 PM »
Sorry... a real lack of time.

I will add "port groups" to the "telephony ports" pages so groups can be created from external facing ports.

I hope some day the phones access to "providers" fields change to "trunk groups". So the configuration steps become create a provider, chose/configure which group it belongs, anable the extension to use such groups.
It seems complex but save a lot of time when adding a provider... add it to a trunk group and all extensions anabled on that group magically have it also.
To keep things simple for the casual user you can create a default group, than assign that as default when creating a new provider and also assign the default group to any extension at the time it's configured for the first time.

For failover providers I'm still wondering what the best approach is.

Will soon return to this after testing some dialplans i have built in the past, but however i prefer a group centric approach.

As said privately in the past i have a working COS...

I'm definitely interested. How do you see it integrating? Is it in another page, perhaps under services or is it a new option for each provider? I'd actually prefer it be a separate page so that each provider is not too crowded with options.

I agree. I'm working on a separate page to configure the feature to COS, the main list of available classes and a class specific configuration page where the user can specify allowed and denied patterns. Finally a specific page must exist to handle emergency number and some exceptions. The only field needed on the extension configuration page is used to specify the assigned class.

This xml snipped i used for testing the cos dialplan macro might give you an idea:
Code: [Select]
<pbxservice>
<cos>
<!-- the enabled key flags if the COS service enabled or not -->
<enabled>1</enabled>
<!-- COS 0 means no restrictions at all, this COS isn't configurable
so doesn't exists in the configuration file. Any new extension defaults to COS 0 -->
<class>
<id>1</id>
<name>Deny International</name>
<descr>Deny International calls</descr>
<!-- deny digits represents a pattern matched at the start of the dialled extension -->
<deny>00</deny>
</class>
<class>
<id>2</id>
<name>Deny Mobile</name>
<descr>Deny Mobile calls</descr>
<deny>3</deny>
</class>
<class>
<id>3</id>
<name>Deny Mobile/International</name>
<descr>Deny both National mobile calls and international calls</descr>
<deny>3</deny>
<deny>00</deny>
</class>
<class>
<id>4</id>
<name>Deny National</name>
<descr>Deny National landline calls, allow local dial</descr>
<deny>0</deny>
<!-- allow digits represents a pattern matched at the start of the dialled extension,
this must be more specific than any deny pattern(s) in the same COS -->
<allow>02</allow>
</class>
<except>
<!-- distinction made for emergency numbers to leave an opportunity
for SoftHangup: SoftHangup(Technology/resource|options)  -->
<!-- Any exception configured here apply to all COS but not COS 0 -->
<emergency>112</emergency>
<emergency>113</emergency>
<emergency>115</emergency>
<emergency>118</emergency>
<allow>3341234567</allow>
<deny>166</deny>
</except>
</cos>
</pbxservice>

Michael

• Askozia Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2010, 09:29:27 PM »
updated for r1360

Michael

• Askozia Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2010, 11:53:53 AM »
updated for 2.0.rc1

http://downloads.askozia.com/pbx/releases/2.0.rc1/

No, that does not mean that work has stopped. I'm just happy with the way things are so far and can build in the remaining small stuff during the RC process.

Keep the bug reports coming and I will keep removing them. Thanks to everyone again for testing! Very happy that 2.0.0 Stable is in sight.

@Giovanni, I'm not ignoring your comments above here. I just haven't had time to properly think about them and respond

macafee

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 01:20:40 AM »
WOW,IT'S LINUX! It doesn't support my TDP400 card and my HFC ISDN card.

Michael

• Askozia Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 14, 2010, 10:51:40 AM »
If you could setup e-mail notifications and then submit a hardware report in the Integrator Panel (press 'ESC' anywhere in the WebGUI), I'll try to get that added.

The HFC card just needs to have its device ID added to the system. I'm not finding too many references to a TDP400 card on Google though...

socrat3

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 14, 2010, 05:19:02 PM »
what's missing?

Fax support (mail2fax fax2mail). I think that this feature is a MUST in a office's pbx use.
Bluetooth support.

thx

giovanni.v

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 08:07:56 PM »
It doesn't support my TDP400 card

Something mistyped? May be it's a TDM400/TDM400P... however it works on my test machine.

Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2010, 10:54:48 PM »
Hi all
The v2.0 RC1 software kills embedded soekris systems.
The image fails to boot and you cant flash the CF card with physdiskwrite as it moans that the image is compressed.
Is there any infomation that might help you guys with this problem?
Also how are you ment to flash CF cards with the V2.0 image?

Kind Regards
Dave

Michael

• Askozia Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2010, 10:06:02 AM »
A "getting started" guide is coming this week, sorry for not having that ready sooner.

Upgrading from 1.0 to 2.0 will not work. Since they're based on different Operating Systems, it was not feasible. For the Soekris boards you should use the 'Embedded' image.

As far as using physdiskwrite goes, I've never tried it myself. It should work the same as with 1.0 since the image format is the same. Can anyone else confirm that physdiskwrite does not work now to write the image?

The command I use to flash the images with my Mac is:
gzcat askozia-pbx-image-name.img | dd of=/dev/diskX bs=512

That command, with a different disk device, will work on Linux. The only one I haven't tried yet is physdiskwrite.

giovanni.v

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2010, 10:12:44 AM »
Can anyone else confirm that physdiskwrite does not work now to write the image?

It works, no problems at all.

Dave

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2010, 10:15:52 AM »
Hi Michael
The image that I was trying to install was the embedded image.
Im my excitement I upgraded via the gui interface and Im a little stuck on how to flash the cf card with the new image in a windows vista enviroment.
I will try with an XP machine later.
That aside, thankyou for all your hard work that youve put into this project!

Kind Regards
Dave