Author Topic: Phone Book Webinterface package  (Read 13380 times)

cschwadorf

• View Profile
Phone Book Webinterface package
« on: July 21, 2009, 01:18:21 PM »
Hi.

As proposed in the phone book plugin thread, I have implemented a webinterface for users to access the public telephone book without authentication.

You can download it here: phoneweb_0.1.pbxpkg but you need the original phone book plugin!

Interface can be accessed with http://<yourpbxip>/phoneweb

Tested with Phone Book 0.9, 1.0 and 1.1 in Askozia 1.0.3.

More infos here.

Please give some feedback if this plugin is usefull or not :)
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 01:34:45 PM by cschwadorf »

zetaerre

• View Profile
Re: Phone Book Webinterface package
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2009, 10:44:21 AM »
As proposed in the phone book plugin thread, I have implemented a webinterface for users to access the public telephone book without authentication.

A plug in of 'plug in'. GREAT!!!
-Roberto

nttranbao

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2009, 08:51:50 AM »
Thank you very much for the amazing product. It works great. I like the function "seach while you type", very cool.

May I suggest that we add more info to the contact, say Company Name, Address, Fax....

At the moment a person with multiple Telephone Number needs multiple contacts with Same Name. I want to avoid that.

Anyways, this is amost, if not all, that a small company would need.

Regards,

Bao Nguyen.

cschwadorf

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 04:07:32 PM »
Thanks for the replay.

Just finished working on the second release with settings saved in a cookie, removing the need to enter the settings each time you open a new browser.... Downloadable here.

May I suggest that we add more info to the contact, say Company Name, Address, Fax....
Not sure if this can be done without massivly changing the sqlite database, but I will look into it.

Regards,
Christoph Schwadorf

nttranbao

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2009, 06:13:22 AM »

Not sure if this can be done without massivly changing the sqlite database, but I will look into it.

Regards,
Christoph Schwadorf

Great info. I will test it soon.

Btw, about search function, at the moment it can only search the whole string. If I want to find "world" in the string "hello world", then fail. Maybe you can allow "text-in-text" search.

Regarding changing sqlite database, I have do some test and modification, and look promising. You can see it in the attachment. If you have interest in this, reach me at nttranbao at yahoo dot com and I will send you the whole modified files (phonebook and phoneweb).

Regards,

Bao Nguyen.

« Last Edit: August 18, 2009, 06:30:41 AM by nttranbao »

cschwadorf

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 08:00:56 AM »
Added text in text search, can be grabed from here.

The problem I see with changing the phonebook plugins files is, that alle changes will be lost on an upgrade, even with exporting and importing in the phonebook plugin, making the plugins dependent in each other....
My original solution for this was having a seperate sql lite db with relations to the original, but as I said, haven't looked into this....

nttranbao

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2009, 01:58:17 PM »
Yes, that approach will be messed up with upgrading. Therefore, a separate solution for CMS(contact Management System) is in need. I'm newbie in programming, but ok with source code manipulating.

If allowed (time, permission, and luck), i will also try to build the CMS package which utilizes both phonebook and phoneweb techniques.

Again, thanks for yr amazing package, an also askozia. Very impressive and promising.

Cheers from Vietnam,

Bao Nguyen

cschwadorf

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2009, 07:27:38 AM »
Well, tomorrow I hade some time and played with the phonebook database... When the Phone Type is defined, the numbers will be displayed as shown in the attachemnt. Adding E-Mail will be another thing, but working on it :)
Will release the version, when mail support is working...

nttranbao

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2009, 08:49:42 AM »
Well, tomorrow I hade some time and played with the phonebook database... When the Phone Type is defined, the numbers will be displayed as shown in the attachemnt. Adding E-Mail will be another thing, but working on it :)
Will release the version, when mail support is working...

Well, it looks good. So how to add multiple phone numbers? Using Phoneweb or Phonebook GUI? If the latter, then it will have problems with phonebook upgrading, unless Phonebook officially supports new-designed Phoneweb :)

cschwadorf

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2009, 09:52:14 AM »
Multiple numbers can be entered with the Phonebook GUI using the Phone type option, so entrys will not be lost on upgrade :) Phoneweb just "grabs" all entrys with the same first and lastname and merges them together.
E-Mail addreses and copany names will be added with a new phoneweb gui in the admin part of askozia, but this still has to be coded...
Any more entrys which could be usefull?

nttranbao

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2009, 01:45:29 PM »
It's interesting to have Phoneweb (PW) grap all same name. But for some rare cases when you need to change name, it may need to changr multiple times.

I suggest PW has it's own database for maximum flexibility. It will have "admin" page to create/edit/delete contacts, and if better, be able to add custom fields(Date modified, skype, yahoo, birthday, note, wife name....)

If you ask me about ideas for CMS, here you are :)

1. Favorite numbers
2. Call history: all inbound and outbound calls will be recorded here. Ofcourse it would require some modification to asterisk dialplan (I think I can handle this asterisk task)
3. Integrate business address with Google earth/ Google street or any local GPS website (locate, find shortest way between 2 points....).
4. Text highlight in search
5. Image of the contacts :)
6. ....

Ofcourse these are some of my crazy ideas. :)

cschwadorf

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2009, 05:41:18 PM »
It's interesting to have Phoneweb (PW) grap all same name. But for some rare cases when you need to change name, it may need to changr multiple times.
Of course, but adding a small wizard which renames all contacts named A to B in both databases would simply solve the problem and would be easy to implement.

I suggest PW has it’s own database for maximum flexibility. It will have "admin" page to create/edit/delete contacts, and if better, be able to add custom fields(Date modified, skype, yahoo, birthday, note, wife name....)
Though of that at the beginning of the coding, but implemented it on the same database, because as I use multiple phones synchronized to the phonebook with its XML files I don't have to maintain more than one database of contacts. Alle proposed additions could be implemented as the mail, except the modified Date; this would require changes to the phonebook plugin.

If you ask me about ideas for CMS, here you are :)
Speaking from my very limited perspective as a relativly newbe in asterisk, I think implementing points 1 to 5, except 2, aren’t very difficult with the current architecture of the plugin. I'll see to it tomorow :)

nttranbao

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 02:33:25 PM »
The problem is: PB database is a subset of PW's. So rather than trying get around the limitation of PB, you can "integrate" PB as a module of PW. Ofcourse this requires permission of zetaerre - PB's author, but I think he will be willing to let us reuse his fantastic codes.

Now I'm focusing on No2: how to interfere with both incoming and outgoing routes. Not easy, but let's see.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 02:36:33 PM by nttranbao »

cschwadorf

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 03:19:33 PM »
Soooo, toke me longer than expected, but finally here is 0.3 with some of your proposals. So feel free to test :D

Some major new features:
Grouping on search page
Search match highlighting
more Details per contact
CTI String Replacement ( %f = firstname %l = lastname, %n = number)
New interface in the admin section of Aksozia

zetaerre

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 04:23:02 PM »
...Ofcourse this requires permission of zetaerre - PB's author, but I think he will be willing to let us reuse his fantastic codes.

Hi guys,

why get my permission?
It's explained clear into the license part on top of my code.
But why create a fork or dependance of my package?

You know where the code is...

;D

Good luck!!!

-Roberto