Author Topic: Bounty for IVR  (Read 7760 times)

demod

• View Profile
Bounty for IVR
« on: April 28, 2009, 10:10:05 AM »
Hi, I think that IVR is a must have for any PBX system, without this function we can't use the term "PBX", because it is just a poor switching software!

So, I open this topic in order to invite any of you to partecipate with a donation and make the dream a really working function for this grat piece of system as Askozia.

I will offer an initial bounty of $200 plus any donations that will be available from any of you that will partecipate.

Please reply to this topic with your offer and hope to enjoy soon with a complete Askozia PBX system.

Thanks.

demod

ajph.voip

• View Profile
Re: Bounty for IVR
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2009, 06:14:56 AM »
Hello demod,

I'm also willing to pitch in to help with the development of the IVR system, I also considered this a must-have in the PBX.
Just let me know how to do it.

Regards,

ajph.voip

n0cturnal

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 05:47:42 PM »
I will pony up another $300 for the IRV feature. We really need it.

rviteri

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2010, 05:24:08 AM »
Is this moving forward?

madmax

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2010, 08:12:59 AM »
Hi Guys Hi Developers

IVR is an realy must have, I have roundabout 40 installationen of clasical (Auerswald) and modern voip systems and erveryone uses timebased routing or ivr.
I realy like the gui from Askozia but ......  so i had to install big fat servers for freebpx or something else so i had lost some installationen over the price.......
Ok I know Decisio and the AsteriskGui 2.0 it´s realy nice but some features are not included or ready so you had to edit the confs manually again.
So i dont understand why a feature like fax to email its a really really nice feature(i made a survey of my customers and two of them told me ok its a feature for me the rest of them sayd to me "what do I do with my hand-written or signed paper and so on ......") but its an nice to have not a must have  so please Developer please .................

thx madmax

Michael

• Askozia Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2010, 07:08:04 PM »
Our problem is always wanting to do things right once and not have to redo them again and again. A basic IVR can be implemented using the existing GUI elements. A true drag-and-drop, click together IVR system is a bit further off. We've had proof-of-concept code running but it was too limited in what it was actually able to do. IVR, the way we want to do it, is a ways off.

Time based routing is close. We're planning on implementing this on a per Provider basis:
 - switch time routing on
 - define business OPEN and CLOSED times & days
 - define routing for OPEN and CLOSED

Any feedback on that? Granular enough? Need more options?

madmax

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 08:19:58 PM »
Hi Michael
thx for answer

Ok i understand you everyone does have other performances, so i can speak now only for myself.
The Gui of Askozia is realy clear nice and is no mystery, so some colorfull jumping and whaterver isnt necessary its a PBX, so the menu for the timebased routing and ivr like free...... menu.
Use the style by Askozia something like we ad extensions or something else clear and logically.
What are the plans for ivr that is so far, i mean something like "hello there is company xy one moment plase" after that a ring group or phone should be ring, or "press 1 for.... and so on in order by timebased routing. 

thx madmax

ps how many work is a numberbased routing over the gui (066 provider 1     027 provider 2) the user should always typing the same way 0027324711 or 006764711 or......

devon

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2010, 04:41:12 PM »
Time based routing is close. We're planning on implementing this on a per Provider basis:
 - switch time routing on
 - define business OPEN and CLOSED times & days
 - define routing for OPEN and CLOSED

Any feedback on that? Granular enough? Need more options?

It would be nice to define holidays and other events that differ from normal OPEN or CLOSED times and days.

kimran

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2010, 05:37:18 PM »
Hey I don't know whether u guys have noticed but Giovanni's IVR works great.I've been using it for over two years now and it's never failed me.It involves access to a recording package (SIMPLE recording package also from Giovanni):

1,ExecIf($[${LEN(${EXTEN})}=1]|Goto|5)
2,Answer()
3,WaitExten(10,m)
4,ExecIf($[${LEN(${EXTEN})}>1]|Hangup)
5,ExecIf($[${EXTEN}=1]|Record|custom/menu-intro.sln)
6,ExecIf($[${EXTEN}=2]|Record|custom/msg-fwd.sln)
7,ExecIf($[${EXTEN}=3]|Record|custom/fallback-operator.sln)
8,NoOp()
9,Wait(1)
10,NoOp()
11,ExecIf($[${EXTEN}=1]|ControlPlayback|custom/menu-intro)
12,ExecIf($[${EXTEN}=2]|ControlPlayback|custom/msg-fwd)
13,ExecIf($[${EXTEN}=3]|ControlPlayback|custom/fallback-operator)
14,WaitExten(10,m)
15,Hangup()

and this application :

1,NoOp(Application start)
2,ExecIf($[${LEN(${EXTEN})}>2]|Goto|19); no keypress from dtmf, so skip conditional forwarding
3,ExecIf($["${EXTEN}"="#"]|Goto|19); got dtmf #, re-enter main menu background
4,ExecIf($["${EXTEN}"="*"]|Goto|20); invalid keypress, forward to operators ring group
5,Wait(2)
6,Playback(custom/msg-fwd)
7,NoOp(Conditional forwanding)
8,ExecIf($["${EXTEN}"="0"]|Dial|Local/1010@internal/n,,m)
9,ExecIf($["${EXTEN}"="1"]|Dial|Local/1010@internal/n,,m)
10,ExecIf($["${EXTEN}"="2"]|Dial|Local/1095@internal/n,,m)
11,ExecIf($["${EXTEN}"="3"]|Dial|Local/1094@internal/n,35,m)
12,ExecIf($["${EXTEN}"="4"]|Dial|Local/1092@internal/n,,m)
13,ExecIf($["${EXTEN}"="5"]|Dial|Local/1096@internal/n,,m)
14,ExecIf($["${EXTEN}"="6"]|Dial|Local/1070@internal/n,,m)
15,ExecIf($["${EXTEN}"="7"]|Dial|Local/1092@internal/n,,m)
16,ExecIf($["${EXTEN}"="8"]|Dial|Local/3457@internal/n,,m)
17,ExecIf($["${EXTEN}"="9"]|Dial|Local/1095@internal/n,,m)
18,Hangup()
19,Background(custom/menu-intro)
20,Playback(custom/fallback-operator)
21,Wait(10)

This guy really made my day when he provided me with this.All u need to do is create the two apps under applications dumping the following strings under the respective app.first one is recording with simple ext number of 00003333 for example and the second IVR WITH EXT. OF YOUR CHOICE AND doctoring the extensions to suite your needs.

To set up u dial the recording package and make three recordings intro,menu,and fallback-operator not necessarilly in that order.

madmax

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2010, 08:25:52 PM »
hi kimran
i know about Giovanni, its packet are for v1..... not for v2...... or I'm wrong.......

to edit the conf quit ok for you and and other the know about asterisk but do you have lot of staffers to make changes for your coustomers
......."I have roundabout 40 installationen of clasical (Auerswald) and modern voip systems"........

sorry i have not the time to change erverything simple thing like open closed mailbox settings i´m too busy for that
so my staffers had that to make that and the are not asterisk gurus or it operater should be able to make some easy changes

giovanni.v

• View Profile
    • BoneOS SDK &  TeeBX VoIP communication platform
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 06:49:41 PM »
packet are for v1..... not for v2...... or I'm wrong.......

True, packages are for 1.x; however having external media no packages are needed in 2.x to store custom files.

Also the ivr logic above can be done using a more standard approach. Everione wants to use it must also be aware that separators (pipes) must be changed to commas.

scdzaak

• View Profile
    • Engineering and solutions
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2011, 04:32:19 PM »
Dear Kimran,

Is it possible that your nice small IVR menu can 'fixed' for use.
I'am not understanding the two parts of this script ...

When I test the first part, I will go to nice waiting music .. but the key selector (press 1 or 2 ) will disconnect the call.

Can you explain your working IVR more on the forum please !?

Regards

Eric - The Netherlands

See more technical info: http://blog.syscodata.nl
Binnenkort meer informatie ook te vinden op http://www.askozia.nl