Author Topic: modifying type=friend in type=peer  (Read 338 times)

klinutzu

• View Profile
modifying type=friend in type=peer
« on: March 03, 2017, 04:05:43 PM »
hello,

how can we modify in askozia 5.1.1 from type=friend in type = peer. tried to do this directly in /etc/asterisk/sip.conf, but everytime i save type = peer instead of type = friend or add type = peer, system override the fila...

can you help me, please, as i can't make askozia working with this provider.

MIp

• Askozia Certified Partner ***
    • View Profile
Re: modifying type=friend in type=peer
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2017, 10:37:58 AM »
Hi klinutzu,
following constructions might brick your configuration! So be careful what you modify in the data.
Whether Askozia nor me are responsible for such changes!

You migth try to change this attribute by clicking on provider and add the text "type=peer" in "Manual Attributes". I don't know if this work, because this text will just append to the configuration so you have 2x different types.

But you can override the file sip.conf for your needings. But this change can't be done over the shell.
First you have to login to your webgui. Then open the secret menu by pressing the "ESC"-Key. A secret menu will drop down. Click on "Configuration Files" and choose sip.conf.
They are two ways to modify the file. I'm not sure if you can  just append the configuration so better click on "Override with this text". The whole Configuration File will be copied to the second field. Now you can search for your provider and change the type from friend to peer. You might reverse the settings first before you can edit the provider over the webgui for the future.
Versions using:
4.1.x
5.x
Phones using:
Tiptel 31xx, Snom 7xx/3xx, Yealink SIP T4x