Author Topic: Extend Provider  (Read 909 times)

BangkokBob

• View Profile
Extend Provider
« on: December 07, 2016, 07:43:24 AM »
I have set up an IAX Provider - 'Provider 1'.  This destination has two gateways, a default and a failover gateway with separate IP addresses.

To allow for failover to this second gateway I have created a second AIX provider - 'Provider 2'.

In the settings of 'Provider 1' in the section which sets up Extend Provider I have selected 'Provider 2' from the drop down list.

I need to fill in the Outgoing pattern for Call Routing.  Askozia does not permit me to use the same pattern in 'Provider 2' as 'Provider 1'.  If I leave it blank, the definition shows with a red traffic light beside the Provider.  What does Askozia expect for the Dial Pattern in 'Provider 2'?  If I use a similar pattern eg 84XX. instead of 84XXX, it seems to accept this, but then I am unsure that my 'Provider 1' will be used exclusively except when a failover occurs?

Any suggestions appreciated.

MIp

• Askozia Certified Partner ***
    • View Profile
Re: Extend Provider
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 10:55:41 AM »
Hi,

if the second Provider is just for Backup, it doesn't matter what you set up in Dial Pattern. It just have to be different to the first provider.
If the first provider is down, you have to set the "extended Provider" in the first provider and just have to choose the second one. In case that the first provider can't be reached, it automatically uses the second provider without any manual input of the user.
Versions using:
4.1.x
5.x
Phones using:
Tiptel 31xx, Snom 7xx/3xx, Yealink SIP T4x

BangkokBob

• View Profile
Re: Extend Provider
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2016, 07:52:16 AM »
Thanks for the explanation.

Many thanks