Author Topic: If you know the extenstion you wish to call ...  (Read 3061 times)

BangkokBob

• View Profile
If you know the extenstion you wish to call ...
« on: May 09, 2016, 02:44:09 PM »
I have a small call flow which does not work.  I wish to allow a caller to press an extension and to be transferred to that extension.  I have recorded a message which I play thru "Press Extension Music" and this plays as expected.  As I want them to be able to call any extension, I presumed to use call extension, however when inputting an extension number, the call is disconnected after the first digit.

Any help appreciated.  Call flow attached

goseph

• View Profile
Re: If you know the extenstion you wish to call ...
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2016, 03:16:40 PM »
This Call-Flow is totally wrong.
This Template (available inside the CFE) should help you:
http://www.askozia.com/handbook/index.php?title=Templates#Direct_Inward_System_Access_.28DISA.29
or
This: http://www.askozia.com/handbook/index.php?title=Templates#Example_with_Read_and_SayDigits

Please pay attention on security since every extension could be called using this.

BangkokBob

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2016, 04:35:44 PM »
Hi Goseph.  Thanks for your reply.  I have looked at the examples and neither provide me the information I need.  

I want to make an announcement, "if you know the extension etc", then await the input and redirect to the extension requested.  I get to the point of the announcement, but can't get beyond that.  If I key in an extension, I am cut off after 1 digit.
Looking at DISA, I don't want anyone to authenticate
In the other example, is it possible to replace the Text2Speech with the "Press Extension Music"?   I can't get beyond 1 digit being entered.  I've added another screen capture

Thanks
« Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 04:51:38 PM by BangkokBob »

goseph

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2016, 05:30:35 PM »
You did a lot more right this time but you should pay attention at the explanation of the Example:
"Read saves the entered digits in the 'test' variable. The 'test' variable has a maximum length of 2 digits. Read allows 3 attempts to enter digits. The specified time out for entering digits is 30 seconds. SayDigit reads the value of 'test' to the caller and the call is terminated."

You entered Time of "0". How should it be possible to enter 3 digits in 0 seconds? Change this to something like "5" or more.
And change your length from "2" to "3" since 100 hat 3 digits.

BangkokBob

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2016, 05:45:49 PM »
Well I used the other example that used INTEXTEN as the variable.  The 0 was for the default timeout, however I have changed it to 15 as recommended.  I allow 3 digits to be input.  Still no change to the result.  I can only input one digit before being terminated.
I wondered whether I need to change the "Press Extension Music" module to achieve what I need to do.  If I need to change this configuration, do I add an extra module after "Press Extension Music" to allow input of keystrokes or should this work as is.  Please see previous screenshot.

goseph

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 06:43:02 PM »
What you did was right. It was important to change those values.
But you should not use the PressExtensionMusic Module since you use the READ-Module afterwards. Instead use just a regular Playback-Module!

BangkokBob

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2016, 05:50:35 AM »
Well now it works.  Changing the 'Press Extension Music' to 'Playback' solved that problem. Thank you.  Somewhat counter-intuitive though.

Same issue, next problem.  The 'Read' only works if the caller waits until the end of the 'Playback' announcement.  'Read' does not seem to work if the keystrokes are input during the 'Playback' announcement.  Obviously I need to allow a caller to input keystrokes at any time during the 'Playback' announcement.  Any suggestions?

goseph

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2016, 08:49:50 PM »
Sure it does not allow keystrokes why Playback-Module is playing since the read-module comes afterwards.
How many possible keystrokes do you have? You could use the "Press Extension Music" and the PressX-Module for any kind of number you enter in the field.

BangkokBob

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2016, 01:58:14 PM »
Hi Goseph,
I escalated this issue to support and they provided a solution with the outcome I needed. 
I am told that the wiki will be updated to provide the solution to others
Thanks for your help along the way.

goseph

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2016, 02:28:45 PM »
Hi Goseph,
I escalated this issue to support and they provided a solution with the outcome I needed. 
I am told that the wiki will be updated to provide the solution to others
Thanks for your help along the way.
Can you please provide the solution for everyone here? Thanks!

BangkokBob

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2016, 10:03:07 AM »
I thought I would wait until the Askozia wiki was updated, but perhaps at this stage everyone is too busy on V5!

The Call Flow below indicates how I capture a multi digit extension during an announcement and then call that extension.  I've used the [] to indicate the number shown in the graphic.  A few points:

1 PressExtensionMusic can only capture one key stroke.  This is stored in Command [54] as Set(FIRST_DIGIT=${INVALID_EXTEN})
2 The Read [55] command then captures the extra input and stores it to Command [63] as Set(INTEXTEN=${FIRST_DIGIT}${INTEXTEN})
3 DialNumber [56] then uses the variable as ${INTEXTEN}
4 Note the use of both () and {} brackets in the variables.

This works for me.  The details were provided to me during a paid support call.
Hope it helps others.

toxicfusion

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2016, 09:37:28 PM »
This is similar to what I have in place.....  wish askozia team would update wiki and really support this.  its 2016.

Many IVR's in USA have "If you know your parties extension, dial it now"

goseph

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2016, 09:52:08 PM »
Thanks, now you guys could please export the CallFlow (.json) and share it here?

A little "upgrade" can be found here.
http://forums.askozia.com/index.php/topic,3551.msg14458.html#msg14458
Using both callflows combined should be the ideal solution.
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 10:57:51 AM by goseph »