Author Topic: New release: 4.1.4  (Read 3988 times)

Sebastian

• Askozia Staff
    • View Profile
New release: 4.1.4
« on: December 16, 2015, 12:08:33 PM »
Hello everybody,

We have just released 4.1.4.

It fixes the fail2ban issues and adds provisioning for the new Yealink T-19/T-29 series as well as for the Snom D series.

http://askozia.com/changelog/

Sebastian

toxicfusion

• View Profile
Re: New release: 4.1.4
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2015, 10:25:57 PM »
Thanks for pushing release so quickly.  However, with that being said.. this needs to be pulled down as well.  still plagued with bugs.

Question:

for the 4.1.3 release which BROKE Fail2Ban.  Why could you just remove it from the download server,   patch the 4.1.3 release; and then put back out globally for updates?

Then for the folks that downloaded it through 'update',  they could just grab the newer version 4.1.3/hashed file and manually upload the .IMG file?

I suggest this method of simply pulling down a bad release.

NOTE:
added provisioning for Yealink T19-T29

This broke Auto-Configuration for previously set Yealink T26-T28 phones.  Defaulted them to the new Yealink T19 configuration.

Sebastian

• Askozia Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2015, 04:56:57 PM »
There is a problem with phone books in 4.1.4.

To address your concerns, this version went through our entire testing cycle - like every release does.

However, this problem is caused by a building error, that occurred after the testing,
when a fresh image was compiled (without debug messages) for the release.

We have already recompiled the image. Tonight we will do some final tests,
and tomorrow we will make this new version available.

Our honest apologies for the troubles this is causing you.  :'(

toxicfusion

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2015, 09:02:21 PM »
Thank you.  Is it a new hash # for the replacement 4.1.4?   Again, for future I think should pull down a release if big major bug is forthcoming (like fail2ban). patch and then release with new file hash and make available.  or possibly on the download links also include hash checking?

I rely on Askozia PBX software for PBX server installs.  I install for customers and which generates revenue for me.  When a product I sell and typically highly recommend starts making me lose customers & money, thats not a good sign.  Need to be able to rely on it -- same with you there in your market segment. But remember, you folks develop and have full control and access and can fix issues out in field on the fly.  Where as end-user has to wait on support or critical bug fix.

I greatly appreciate Askozia team and the hard work and the quick turn around for releases. But its okay to take extra few days to be 100% sure prior to release to general public.  I understand that everyone usage case and issues cannot be simulated during testing.

Not going to switch PBX platforms anytime soon (That I can see) as I'm partial and being true to Askozia and the efforts and believe in the product and truely believe its better than 3CX --  if can only tighten up the enterprise features.

Looking forward to 4.1.4 re-release

mister_vip

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2015, 08:52:54 AM »
Hello

I updated from 4.0.4 to 4.1.4.

Everything is working except one thing. My Gigaset Phones (Dect N720, DX 800A, some more) are not showing a correct clip, it shows "sip:Number".
With this, the phones cannot search for the name in the adressbooks (internal and external services).

My Solution is removing the following lines from the Provider extensions.conf:
Code: [Select]
exten => _[0-9*#+]!,n,SIPRemoveHeader(P-Asserted-Identity:)
exten => _[0-9*#+]!,n,ExecIf($["x${CALLERID(name)}" = "x"]?SipAddHeader(P-Asserted-Identity: <sip:${CALLERID(num)}>))
exten => _[0-9*#+]!,n,ExecIf($["x${CALLERID(name)}" != "x"]?SipAddHeader(P-Asserted-Identity: "${CALLERID(name)}" <sip:${CALLERID(num)}>))

Is this a bug? Or did I some misconfiguration?

Thanks for your reply

helvetic

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 01:09:32 PM »
I have updated to the early 4.1.4 release, how can i upgrade to the recompiled version. Autoupdate does not work since I am on 4.1.4 already. How can I Update?

goseph

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 02:06:18 PM »
I have updated to the early 4.1.4 release, how can i upgrade to the recompiled version. Autoupdate does not work since I am on 4.1.4 already. How can I Update?
I send you the Generic-Image via PM. I don't know if it is the final 4.1.4. Let us know.

helvetic

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2015, 04:43:39 PM »
Thank you Goseph !

Inside the ZIP File you sent me the Firmware Image Files are dated 17.12. so i think it is the new Version. Its only an indication, for sure how should i  know?

I would wish some more transparency from Askozia, why not make a 4.1.4.2 or 4.1.4b release so autoupdate would work and less confusion too...

helvetic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2015, 07:38:54 PM »
i have manually upgraded now in console it says "Built on Thu Dec 17"

@Askozia, i think this is the right version?

And thank you again Goseph for providing me the firmware.