Author Topic: New release: 4.1  (Read 3022 times)

Sebastian

• Askozia Staff
    • View Profile
New release: 4.1
« on: October 16, 2015, 10:35:55 AM »
Good morning everybody,

We have just released 4.1. This release contains a ton of fixes. In particular, we have done some major improvements regarding mail-to-fax.
We have also updated all the provisoning templates for Snom, Yealink and Gigaset phones to the latest version.

Furthermore, we have added provisoning support for Grandstream phones. There are still some smaller issues with those, but we didn't want to delay the release further.Those issues will be fixed with 4.1.1.

Details here http://askozia.com/changelog/

Have a good weekend!

helvetic

• View Profile
Re: New release: 4.1
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2015, 03:48:46 PM »
Thank you for the update and further improving Askozia  :)

Can you explain these two new functions mentioned in the Changelog abit more in detail:

+ added boss secretary feature
+ added parallel calls for SIP (incl. BLF)

I wasn't able to find anything about in the handbook?

Thank you

Sebastian

• Askozia Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2015, 04:17:29 PM »
As usual, documentation is behind development.  ::)

In a nutshell:

Boss/Secretary allows calling a phone (the boss'es phone) that has call forwarding activated.
Only certain phones (his/her secretary(s) can still call that phone.

Parallel Calls: Allows logically combining phones that belong to the same person without using call groups.

Detailed documentation will follow next week.

helvetic

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2015, 04:39:22 PM »
Thank you Sebastian

Can you already give me a little hint how to use the parallel calls feature, I couldn't find anything related about in the GUI.

Ty and happy Weekend!

helvetic

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2015, 04:58:57 PM »
Can you already give me a little hint how to use the parallel calls feature, I couldn't find anything related about in the GUI.

Just found it myself: phone settings -> "Call Notifications & Voicemail" -> "Parallel Call"

DeepB

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2015, 07:20:16 AM »
How can I get the 4.1 Update?

I am on 4.0.3 and Askozia says that I am already using the most current version.

Thanks
Daniel

Valex

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2015, 04:02:51 PM »
Hi,

How can I get the 4.1 Update?

I am on 4.0.3 and Askozia says that I am already using the most current version.

same problem here! Version 4.1 was shown but after a reboot it says that i'm using the current version  ???

Thanks in advance!
Val

Sebastian

• Askozia Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 04:58:14 PM »
We temporary removed 4.1 from the license server due to a software bug, which in some cases results in a loss of licenses.

A fix has already been developed and we will keep testing through the weekend to release 4.1.1 early next week.

We are very sorry about this!  :'(

helvetic

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 08:38:35 PM »
After reading this post i just checked my Askozia installation and I'm affected too  :o

The worst of all i don't how many calls i have lost. Until reading this post i wasn't aware people calling my VOIP Number couldn't reach me. I not realized there's something wrong because outgoing calls always worked and the call flow was supposed to forward to my mobile.

I understand you are taking this problem very serious and that you are working on a solution now. But as a honest user with a valid licence this still upsets me  >:(

In my opinion it would be enough to just disable the backend and not to reject incoming calls if a licence problem occurs. If you want to be more restrictive you might also limit outgoing calls but if incoming calls could stop working from one moment to the other this is ways too restrictive and not acceptable.

In addition to resolve the issue with loosing the licence, please reconsider Askozias behaviour in case it will happen anyway. This will also help people won't loose confidence with your otherwise great software.

Thank you
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 09:12:29 PM by helvetic »

Sebastian

• Askozia Staff
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2015, 11:25:26 AM »
I perfectly understand that you are angry. Believe us, this is not intended behavior.
It is a bug that creates this phenomenon and it happens when a few factors come together.

For a quick solution please contact our support at support.askozia.com.
They will either assist you with a downgrade to 4.0.3 or provide you a pre-release version of 4.1.1

Apologies for this!  :-\