Author Topic: Cant figure out what is wrong with SMTP and voicemail  (Read 2577 times)

TheDougMiester

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: 1
    • View Profile
Cant figure out what is wrong with SMTP and voicemail
« on: November 29, 2014, 12:15:06 PM »
I'll be buggered if I can figure out what's wrong.

HOST: smtp.gmail.com Port: 587 (or darned near any other port)
Email address: me@gmail.com (name changed to protect the stupid -- me)
username: me@gmail.com
password xxxxxx (no special characters. Just letters and numbers)
Authentication method: auto (although I've tried everything)
Encryption method: TLS
Disable certification: [TICKED] (I've read some old posts about this)

From name AskozoaPBX
From address: me@gmail.com


Here is the cat /etc/msmtp.conf
account default
host smtp.gmail.com
auth on
user me@gmail.com
password xxxxxxxxxx
tls on
tls_starttls on
tls_certcheck on
from me@gmail.com
maildomain gmail.com
port 587
syslog LOG_LOCAL0


The error message I get back is "smtpmsg=553-5.1.2 We weren?t able to find the recipient domain."

any ideas out there? help?

TheDougMiester

goseph

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 841
  • Karma: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Cant figure out what is wrong with SMTP and voicemail
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 12:30:27 PM »
Those are MY settings and they are working:

account default
host smtp.gmail.com
domain local
auth on
user me@gmail.com
password xxxxxxx
tls on
tls_starttls on
tls_certcheck off
from me@gmail.com
maildomain gmail.com
port 587
syslog LOG_LOCAL0

As you can see, tls_certcheck ist still ON in your settings.
Try to change the checkmark again, hit SAVE. And change back and try again.

TheDougMiester

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Cant figure out what is wrong with SMTP and voicemail
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 03:53:37 PM »
UPDATE

Well... here is the world's stooopidist workaround. It sends email to my gmail account, but no thanks to Askozia Sad

I think the deal is (but don't quote me on this) is that gmail now requires SSL encryption, not TLS (like they used to). Askozia doesn't support SSL anymore (which I will now write a bug report for)

So my stupid work around goes like this (pay attention to step 1, it's silly, but important):
1. I went to "mail.com" and created an account called me@mail.com (again, I changed the name of the account to protect the stupid -- ie me)
2. During the setup, I linked my .mail account to my .gmail account.
3. I went to the SMTP Client setup in Askozia and used the following
  Host: smtp.mail.com:587
  Email address: me@mail.com
  Username: me@mail.com
  Authentication: plain
  Encryption method: none
  password (I picked a password that had NO SPECIAL CHARACTERS)
  From name: AskoziaPBX
  from address: me@mail.com

If you did everything that I did, mail.com will now autoforward your voicemails to gmail. The reason is that mail.com has an SMTP setup that's compatible with Askozia.

Like I said. It's silly, but it works.

TheDougMiester

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7
  • Karma: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Cant figure out what is wrong with SMTP and voicemail
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 03:57:43 PM »
Hi goseph,

I just saw your reply. Thanks for answering.

I tried that, but it didn't make a difference. I was careful to check the file and it agreed with your settings.

I have no idea why the darned thing didn't work.

goseph

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 841
  • Karma: 35
    • View Profile
Re: Cant figure out what is wrong with SMTP and voicemail
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2014, 08:43:54 PM »
I just tested with 3.3.3 again and it is working without any issues:
smtp.gmail.com 587
Your.Name@gmail.com
Your.Name@gmail.com
YourPassword
TLS
Checkmark in disable certificate checking
TestMail@TestMail.com
Hit E-Mail Me (Test-E-Mail) Button
E-Mail sent

EDIT:
I just used a different (older) Google-Account of mine and this was not working. But i received an E-Mail from Google with: Login Attempt blocked.
I then logged in with this E-Mail-Address and with the right password and Google told me that it blocked access. I then granted access through the security settings and now it is working fine!
Can be found here: https://security.google.com/settings/security/activity
and change here: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Please don't get mad at Askozia right away when it is possible that you did a mistake somewhere like setting the security settings too high ;)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2014, 10:52:40 PM by goseph »