Author Topic: outbound dialstrings  (Read 1304 times)

toxicfusion

• View Profile
outbound dialstrings
« on: October 07, 2014, 07:19:04 PM »
Hello,

Why can we not - or can we create outbound dial string to use a particular provider?  For example. I only want Extension range 400 to use a particular outbound SIP Trunk provider. This is so this range of extensions use a specific Caller ID

Asterisk information shows it is possible.. but not so possible within Askozia?  Why does it have to be so difficult and locked down?

example:

if you had a pattern like 1NXXNXXXXXX, you could do something like:
1NXXNXXXXXX/100 – match on the pattern only if the call is from extension 100
1NXXNXXXXXX/2[45]X – match on the pattern only if the call is from an extension in the range 240-259
1NXXNXXXXXX/3XX – match on the pattern only if the call is from an extension in the range 300-399
And if you wanted to allow the call only if it came from extension 100, 240-259, or an extension in the 300’s then you could use all three of the above rules in the same outbound route.

herrep

• View Profile
Re: outbound dialstrings
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 10:08:09 AM »
Hi,

I figured out the same problem. Anyway, did you have a workaround solution how to implement extension-specific outbound dial strings?

My issue is that I want to use a different selection of providers when a call is initiated from a fax. So the outbound dial strings work fine for the phones, but I want to use different dial strings to select different providers when sending a fax.

Best regards,
Peter

toxicfusion

• View Profile
Re: outbound dialstrings
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 03:42:43 PM »
no work around yet.

Askozia support is useless.  Developers just turn up their noses.  Even paid support are helpless.  Shame me, but I am very pissed off.  Basic Asterisk functionality that was stripped with Askozia?  I call bullshit here with development efforts

FreePBX can do all of this without ANY issue.  Here, I'm left scratching my head