Author Topic: NT/TE Askozia Small Business  (Read 3676 times)

Snitch

• View Profile
NT/TE Askozia Small Business
« on: May 22, 2014, 08:39:58 PM »
Hello,
we have an Askozia Small Business unit with one BRI module. One port should connect to the NTBA/provider, three ports shall be used for connecting phones. I understood so far, that I need to set the phoneports to TE mode, the external port to NT.
The Askozia software shows no option for assigning a BRI port when defining an "external phone", nor can I switch the port to another mode. The connected NTBA seems to work (green status light), the phones do not.
Do I have to set the three ports to TE by jumper on the OpenVOX B400M? I would have to break the guarantee void seal for doing so.  ???

goseph

• View Profile
Re: NT/TE Askozia Small Business
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2014, 07:31:44 PM »
Yes, you have to set the jumpers.
Please find a manual for the openvox card online.

Please be aware:
If you open the Askozia case, you will see all ports are set to TE. Because you will plug those ports to a NTBA (NT).
So leave one port at the TE setting. Change the other 3 ports to NT.
Please pay attention if you should set the jumper for power supply or not. Some phones need the power from the port, others don't.
As i said, please use the OpenVox manual for more information.

Please get in contact with the support to tell them that you will need to open the askozia. Your warranty should not be void.

Snitch

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2014, 09:46:27 PM »
Thank you, I have green status now for the NTBA.

Still I am not able to use a phone on the other ports. The openVOX shows green when connected, but i have no option for creating an ISDN phone with assigned port in <Accounts>/<Phones>. It only shows "VoIP/SIP", "IAX" and "External Phone". In the handbook, there are more options:

Is it a problem with my Telephony ports settings?

I think it is strange all ports are labeled as Type: Provider, but there are no options to change this.

I really tried google on this, I promise  ;)

Snitch

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2014, 10:02:08 PM »
Ok I found this in the changelog of Askozia.com/changelog:
"bug option to add new isdn phone account only present if an appropriate port is available"

But how do I make the port appropriate... I deleted all 3 phone ports as a try, makes no difference.

goseph

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2014, 10:20:30 PM »
Delete 2,3 and 4. Save. Reboot.
Add them again.
Reboot.
If it still says provider, you used the wrong jumper settings.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 10:23:20 PM by goseph »

Snitch

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2014, 01:04:11 AM »
It works! Deleting AND rebooting did the trick. Thank you so much. The config can go on...
Rebooting seems to be very important when changing settings. The GUI did not suggest it for these changes.

goseph

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 12:35:18 PM »
Glad it works.

Do you want to contribute to the forum and enclose a picture how you placed the jumpers an why?
This would be nice for future reference.

Snitch

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2014, 06:37:17 PM »
back again, sry this took so long. Dismounted it and took a photo.

as you can see it is well labeled.
On the very right you see the POWER section jumpers, which i did not change at all (additional power insertion to some special devices).
I set the large jumpers on the bottom (NT/TE label, SW101-401) as depicted: NTBA to TE, three phones to NT.
Above these, the smaller jumpers (SW100-400) are for the termination resistor. I do not know about these else than in this position the stuff worked, in the other position the phone made weird noises.

I can only recommend to prepare for a trial and error and NOT to remount everything before testing it with the phones.