Author Topic: CFE : option for queue member to press 1 to accept call  (Read 2162 times)

metatech

• View Profile
CFE : option for queue member to press 1 to accept call
« on: October 25, 2013, 02:06:29 PM »
Hello,
I configured a call plan with a queue to implement an emergency support line. Users are called on their mobile phones and not on their landline phones, because they must be reachable at any time and anywhere. It works fine with the "ring one after another" policy.

Unfortunately, when the first agent does not pickup, the call is transferred to his mobile phone voicemail, and the caller cannot talk to a human agent.
I tried to add a macro at the Asterisk level to "screen" the call, so that the callee must press 1 to accept the call, but the configuration cannot be combined with the Askozia wrapper.
The "membermacro" in the queues.conf also seems relevant.
Also I did not manage to make the following work :
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+tips+Queue+Member+ackcall

Can I suggest to add this feature in a next Askozia release ?

Thanks in advance,

metatech

metatech

• View Profile
Re: CFE : option for queue member to press 1 to accept call
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 03:39:50 PM »
Hi,

I tried to make this trick work, by defining a "macro-ackcall" in my extensions.conf, and referring to it in the "membermacro" of the queues.conf.
It does partially work : when a queue member pickups the phone, the macro runs, it is even possible to announce the caller id with
Code: [Select]
SayDigits(${CONNECTEDLINE(num)})
But it is not possible to refuse the call.
As soon as the queue member phone rings, it is already dequeued, which is hinted by the fact that the music-on-hold get stopped for the caller.
The only options at that point are to accept the call or to hang up to the caller, who not being requeued.
This is probably because the queue members are defined in Askozia by calling the "internal-caller-transfer" context, which calls the macro "main", which dials the member number.

Any idea on how to combine these things ?

Thanks,
metatech

josquin

• View Profile
Re: CFE : option for queue member to press 1 to accept call
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2017, 04:12:08 PM »
Hello Askozia Team,

I'm facing the exact same need.

Is there something you didn't understand in the above request that no one did even reply a word?
In this case just ask, we will glade to explain more what we're looking for.
Ho and yes, it's a professional need.

Cheers,
Josquin