Author Topic: Call Forward - proposed feature discussion  (Read 15454 times)

giovanni.v

• View Profile
    • BoneOS SDK &  TeeBX VoIP communication platform
Re: Call Forward - proposed feature discussion
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2011, 10:04:43 AM »
This is not a dead project, I'm finally almost ready to have the feature working as designed.
I'm still torn by doubt on some specific conditions where a forward chain exists.

Imagine this scenario:
- Extension 101 has immediate forward to 102.
- Extension 102 has no-answer forward to 103.
- Extension 103 has no-answer forward to 104.

That chain may be longer than that exposed above having also differents forwarding rules.

The logic that i have currently implemented find the final target then dial it instead of the original extension; so using the example above extension 104 will ring, the question is... when we must start to ring extension 104?
We must follow the rule by the first extension in the chain (104 will ring immediately) or the rule set by ext. 103 so 104 will ring only after the no-answer timeout?

user469

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2011, 03:19:33 PM »
Giovanni , i dont see what you are saying but there are some difference.
- Extension 101 has immediate forward to 102. , the user it out so immediately ring 102
- Extension 102 has no-answer forward to 103. ,
the user is around but does not answer ring 103 after 10/15 seconds
- Extension 103 has no-answer forward to 104.
also is around but cannot answer ring 104 after 10/15 seconds
So if you call 102 then 104 will ring after 20/30 seconds.
For me is preferable to avoid such configuration , if 102 does not answer goto voicemail or divert to a parallel group otherwise caller will have to wait too long and will hangup.

Genius

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 04, 2011, 10:27:44 AM »
This is not a dead project, I'm finally almost ready to have the feature working as designed.
I'm still torn by doubt on some specific conditions where a forward chain exists.
The logic that i have currently implemented find the final target then dial it instead of the original extension; so using the example above extension 104 will ring, the question is... when we must start to ring extension 104?
We must follow the rule by the first extension in the chain (104 will ring immediately) or the rule set by ext. 103 so 104 will ring only after the no-answer timeout?

I Would follow the exact rules so 104 wil ring after the 102 forward to the 102 ring time-out and the 103 ring time-out.
But generally such a setup should be avoided by the user.

Can't wait for a release, This feature would be a huge contribution to Askozia.

Genius

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: May 24, 2011, 02:05:11 PM »
Any progress on this ? ???
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 02:24:42 PM by Genius »

giovanni.v

• View Profile
    • BoneOS SDK &  TeeBX VoIP communication platform
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2011, 12:39:56 PM »
Any progress on this ? ???

Unfortunately, the changes in the Askozia project over the last year (like licensing and developement model) have reduced a lot my interest in participating, then my contribution has been reduced instinctively. That was due especially to my feelings about the future business model.

There is no reason to worry, I think the askozia staff is going to release that feature in 2.1:
- https://wush.net/trac/askozia/changeset/1962